2 replies to this topic

#1 moririn

moririn

Neutral

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

Dear Collora Users,

I bought Collora S 2001 3 weeks ago. Today I tried to adjust the tire air pressures, I couldn't find the description of proper ones however.

So can anyone tell me what is the proper air pressure?

My model is Collora S 2001.

Thank you!

#2 fishexpo101

fishexpo101

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,478 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hello and Welcome to the forums.

The manufacturer recommended tire pressure is 32 PSI all around. There should be a stiker or something inside the glovebox or on the driver's side door with the tire air pressure.

This also assumes that you are running OEM tires or OEM sized tires with a comparable tire. Once you run an aftermarket tire - tire pressure may change slightly. Also your given driving condition and vehicle use could require a slightly higher or slightly lower tire pressure. I would recommend running no LESS than the manufacturer rated tire pressure - and no more that the MAX cold tire inflation pressure that is stamped on the sidewall of the tire itself. If you drive primarily on highways and the roads are in good shape - you could benefit from slightly higher tire pressures (stabilizes the tire carcass, improves steering feedback, improves overall fuel economy, maximizes tire tread life).

The correct tire pressures will yield the most consistent tire tread temperature for a given driving situation. If you have the time and patience - you could find the "correct" tire pressure by filling the tire to within a few PSI of the max cold tire inflation, then adjusting the tire pressure 2PSI at a time until you find the best compromise of ride quality, car handling, and fuel economy. Drive until tire gets up to operating temperature, adjust tire temperatures only when the tires have completely cooled down. If this seems like too much of a hassle - then set the tire pressures to the manufacturer rated tire PSI and you should be OK.

#3 moririn

moririn

Neutral

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

Thank you for kind message! Your information is reasonable.

However when I asked Toyota dealer, she also told me that 30 PSI is proper to my car.

So I will adjust tire puressure to 31 PSI between you and her :lol:

Anyway, thank you very much!