Jump to content

Tokyo Drift Style Cars

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dafranchise0309_*

  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

I have a few scratches on both sides of my ride and i want to get some nice stickers/ paint or whatever they used on all those cars in tokyo drift/fast and furious movies. How would I do this and are those just different designs or what?

#2 fishexpo101


    I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

Most of those graphics are vinyl wraps or transfer stickers. The base paint has to be clean or the resulting finish will be terrible (bubbles, pits, etc.). If you have some scratches - depending on how deep they are - I would just polish those out. Save some money in the process and not get those vinyls. Might want to photchop those on your car to see how they look - most people that get them, regret it almost immediately. I would keep the car clean - no stickers, vinyls.

#3 TheDarkKnight


    3rd Gear

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Fish beat me to it.

Those stickers can get pretty expensive.
They are custom die-cut from a large sheet of vinyl.
Just a sticker that says Toyota or Corolla to go across the top of your windsheild can cost $100 (dep on where you find it), so for a full body job, you are talking $$$$.

I guess the other thing you could do is airbrush a custom paint job. but again, anything custom = $$$.
Dep on how bad your paint is now, might be cheaper to just get a cheap paint job (of the same color).

good luck

#4 Rollatx



  • Active Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

If your worried about appearance just just rims body kit and paint it will look clean see

Posted Image

#5 cc399



  • Active Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have a body kit for sale, its in the BST forum. pm me if interested