- - - - -

How Bad Can Bad Alignment Affect Ur Gas Mileage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_toyotacorollafx_*

Guest_toyotacorollafx_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:56 PM

Hey everyone, i was wondering how bad can bad wheel alignment affect ur gas milage....my right tire vibrates alot and is riding on its side a bit so i need to change the tire about every 3000 miles or so...i need to change my wheel bearings, my cam bolts, and a tie end rod...how bad can this stuff affect my gas milage?

#2 Guest_Corollasroyce_*

Guest_Corollasroyce_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:08 PM

It shouldn't affect your mileage that significantly....I had to do the wheel bearings on my jetta quite frequently and i never really noticed more than say 3-5 mpg differnce, but i would get that stuff changed asap if i was you, if you wheel bearing sieze while your drving on the highway that could be quite a dissaster...if you tie rod end went that would be even worse....

Edited by Corollasroyce, 02 February 2005 - 04:10 PM.

#3 fishexpo101

fishexpo101

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,523 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:25 PM

I agree with Corollaroyce - shouldn't be more than 10% reduction in fuel economy unless things are really out of whack. Which, if you need to replace tires every 3K - then they sound like it.

I would be less worried about the gas mileage and try to get that car rolling correctly. A wheel set that far off will cause a host of problems that will not be cheap to fix. I don't think you can get a wheel that far off in FWD car - are you sure there is no frame damage or bent suspension part?

#4 Guest_toyotacorollafx_*

Guest_toyotacorollafx_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

Yes there is fram damage...i got the radiator pull and the frame pull but the strut structure is bent inward thats why the wheel is rolling a bit on its side andgets worn out real quickly. I'll probably get that fixed for around 100 bucks real soon till i getthe money to fix my bearings and tie end rod and other snip...man getting in accidents really is a pain in the ###### on ur emotions and on ur WALLET!!!!

#5 Guest_Corollasroyce_*

Guest_Corollasroyce_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:03 PM

Yep if your at fault accidents are rough....can cost you alot of money....lucky you don't have a heavily modified car, with custom paint and bodykit..... :P

#6 Guest_toyotacorollafx_*

Guest_toyotacorollafx_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:40 PM

thats funny...found out my wheel bearing has been seized for a while and i've been driving like that for about 1000 miles...no disaster just alot of noise when im driving on the freeway which is annoying as hell!! so im gonna get the bearing and hub replaced real soon...i wonder if that'll make my gas mileage go up abit? u think?